View the Project on GitHub
Note: These pages have been imported from the OmniTI wiki and are in the
process of being converted.
Information here may not yet be correct for the Community Edition.
Making a Weekly Release
Cherry-pick the desired
package(s) from the RC repo into the release repo.
On the release repo server:
- Review package differences between the current state of the filesystem and the snapshot of the previous release:
# zfs diff data/set/omnios/repo/release@<release><letter-prev> data/set/omnios/repo/release | grep pkg
- Snapshot repo dataset @, e.g. “r151002a”
- Prepare ReleaseMedia if there are security fixes
or significant changes to packages provided by default, such as
- Update symlinks for latest release to point at the new media, as
appropriate (LTS or Stable), see below for details
- Update ReleaseNotes with what changed
- Announce to #omnios on IRC, Twitter w/hashtags #OmniOS and #illumos,
and on omnios-discuss list
These links should always point to the most recent media: